7 Ways to Give the Gift of Vision This Holiday Season
There are many ways to give the gift of vision this holiday season, but let’s face it – you’re busy! Who has time to find the perfect gift? You do! With the help of Vision Health Institute and the ideas listed below, you’ll receive high praises in gift-giving this year.
Some people are hard to shop for! Not only that, but limited budgets mean our gifts really need to be of value. That is why a gift of vision is a perfect present to give anyone on your list.
Here are 7 ways to give the gift of vision this holiday season:
- Gift Card for Eye Wear & Accessories. This is a no-brainer. If the person on your list wears glasses or contact lenses, a gift card allows them to purchase their own eye wear. VHI offers gift cards which you select the amount. The card holder can use it for anything in our optical department, including eye wear accessories.
- An Eye Exam. If you have a loved one that hasn’t had an eye exam recently, this is a perfect gift. Perhaps they need a reminder of how important it is, or simply need a “push” to get it scheduled. Pre-pay for their exam in advance by calling us at 407-893-6222. The recipient can then schedule an appointment, at a time convenient for them. Take it a step further and offer to drive them to their appointment (they will have their eyes dilated during the exam). This gift of vision is a great present to give to grandchildren. Young parents on a tight budget will greatly appreciate a “free” eye exam for their child!
- Contact Lenses & Solution. If the person on your list is a patient at VHI, simply call us at 407-893-6222 to order contact lenses for them. As long as the gift recipient’s prescription is still current, we can fill it. We also have on record the contact lens solution that is best for them. Stock up! Contact lenses and solutions make a great stocking stuffer.
- Specialty Eye Protection. There are many ways to protect our eyes. Safety goggles, sunglasses, diving masks, swim goggles, computer glasses, reading glasses, lenses that help driving at night and more! Some of these items do not require a prescription. Give the gift of vision by selecting eye protection to fit the lifestyle of everyone on your list. Even some safety-rated glasses are very stylish these days, so they may be worn more than you think! Children love to get sunglasses, and it encourages them to start protecting their eyes at an early age. Adults LOVE sunglasses too, and we carry many designer brands, such as Oakley, Maui Jim, Michael Kors, etc.
DID YOU KNOW? Non-prescription lenses with special lens treatments like blue light protection are a great way to shield your eyes from certain lights. Fluorescent lights, computer screens, TVs, tablets and smart phones emit blue light, a high-energy wavelength of light. Blue light protection glasses used in viewing these light sources keep your eyes healthy as you age and can even help improve your sleep.
- Vision Insurance. Many health insurance plans have a separate policy for vision insurance. For a minimal amount each month, your loved one will benefit having a vision plan that will cover most of the costs to care for their vision for an entire year! If the employer of that special person on your list does not have a vision plan, the gift of vision insurance is very special. See the many plans that Vision Health Institute accepts.
- Donation. There are no shortages of charities vying for your donations this time of year. If you are able to give the gift of vision to someone in need, your generosity is sure to be appreciated. Several charities support vision efforts and make free eye examinations possible. Be sure to donate to charities you know and are in good standing. A great site to check them out is Charity Navigator.
- Be a Personal Shopper. If you know of someone who has low vision, offer your time and be a personal shopper for them. Take them out shopping and be a shopper assistant, helping them select gifts for everyone on their list. If they are home-bound, discuss the items on their lists and go shopping for them, or help them purchase items on-line. What a rewarding thing to do for someone this time of year – sharing your own gift of vision!
Stop By Our Orlando Practice
When you are out shopping this holiday season, think of these 7 ways to give the gift of vision. Stop by our Orlando optometry practice at Vision Health Institute, 400 N. Bumby Ave., Orlando, FL 32803. We’d love to see you and wish you the happiest of holidays in person. Our staff can help you select the best gift for everyone on your list, including yourself!